Geloon Factory Warranty Policy
Standard Warranty Period:
Geloon Electronic Technology Co. Ltd (“Geloon”) grants a standard warranty period of 12 months
(1 year) for the its PTC based straighteners, AC/DC Hair Dryers and PTC Curling irons, starting from the date of shipment from Geloon factory.
Extension of Warranty:
The purchaser of Geloon Products should extend the warranty period in 6 months from the date of settlement from Geloon by providing the serial number of the unit and purchased receipt (whichever is shorter).
You can purchase the warranty extension for 12 months or 24 months but do not apply the extension beyond the specified date, or else your application will be unacceptable. Please refer to the Warranty Extension Order Form for more details.
Once the purchase of the warranty extension goes into effect, Geloon will send the warranty extension certificate to the customer for confirming the extended warranty period. Click here for certificate example
In case of troubleshooting, please contact us directly. Alternatively, feedback briefly to Geloon customer service department by fax/email to process the warranty claim.
During the Warranty Period, Geloon covers all costs for replacing any product or parts of the product proved to be defective in design or manufacture. To claim the warranty under the warranty policy of Geloon, the following information and documentation are required:
1. Product Model No.(e.g. GL506) and serial number (e.g. 214788633506).
2. Copy of the invoice and warranty certificate of items.
3. Copy of the installation report and installation date.
4. Lab test report ( if available ) or any information which would be helpful to determine the defect
5. Detailed information about the entire system (modules, circuits, etc.).
6. Documentation of previous claims/exchanges (if applicable).
After receiving above information, Geloon will decide how to proceed the service:
Repaired by Geloon factory, or Repaired on-site by Geloon’s cooperated TechnicalServiceCenter, or Offer a replacement device of equivalent value according to model and age.
In the case of an exchange, the remaining portion of the original warranty period will be transferred to the replacement device. You will not receive a new certificate, as your entitlement is documented at Geloon.
Service after warranty expiration:
In case products are out of warranty, Geloon charges an on-site service fee, parts, labor cost and logistic fee to end-user. Detailed standard refers to the listed table:
- On-site attendance fee: Cost of travel and time for the technician in attending on-site.
- Parts: Cost of replacement parts (including any shipping/admin fee that may apply).
- Labor: Labor time fee charged for the technician, who is repairing, maintaining, installing (hardware or software) and debugging the faulty product.
- Logistic fee: Cost of delivery, tariff and other derived expense when defective products are sent from user to Geloon or/and repaired products are sent from Geloon to user.
Exclusion of Liability:
Any defect caused by the following circumstances will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty (the Dealers or Distributors are responsible and authorized by Geloon for the following investigation):
Product modified, parts replaced or attempt to maintain;
- Changes, or attempted repairs and erasing of series number or seals by non SAJ technician;
- Incorrect installation or commissioning;
- Failure to comply with the safety regulations;
- Products have been improperly stored and damaged while being stored by the Dealer or the end user;
- Transport damage (including scratch caused by movement inside packaging during shipping). A Claim should be made directly to shipping company/insurance Company as soon as the container/packaging is unloaded and such damage is identified;
- Failure to follow any / all of the user manual, the installation guide and the maintenance regulations;
- Improper use or misuse of products;
- Insufficient ventilation of products;
- Influence of foreign objects and force majeure (lightning, grid overvoltage, severe weather, water, fire, etc.)